Reserve a Book
You can reserve audio books, CDs, DVDs and books at your library.
Reserve a book online:
Library Members can Sign In by selecting the Sign In button on the top right-hand side of this page. Or, if you are in the catalogue system, you can select the Sign In button on the left-hand side. A pop-up box will appear asking for your library card barcode and password or pin number.
There are two ways to reserve.
- 1. From the Search Result List and directly under an item is the Reserve option. Select a pickup location (a library branch nearest you).
- 2. Inside the Record Details
Click on the Make Reservation button to reserve.
Reserve items at a branch:
- Talk to your branch staff, in person or by telephone, to reserve/hold an item.
- To pick up a hold, the library card in which the hold was placed, must be shown. This ensures that no other person may take your hold.
Requesting items not in our catalogue (ILLO):
- Use the Request to Purchase Form to request materials not in our library system.
- If the Lambton County Library catalogue does not have the book you are looking for, we will try our best to find it through our Interlibrary Loan or ILLO.
- The request service provides access to all items across our 25 libraries. If we don't have it, we will consider a request to purchase or we'll do our best to borrow it from another library system for you as an Interlibrary Loan.
What is ILLO?
Lambton County Library is part of the information resource sharing network for Ontario public libraries, allowing patrons access to the collections of over 175 public libraries in Ontario, public and academic libraries across the country, the Ontario Archives, and Library and Archives Canada.
The network is a partnership between the participating public libraries, Ontario Library Service-North and Southern Ontario Library Service with support from the Ministry of Culture.